Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Again

I know, I know. I'm a bad little blogger.


So, what's new? Oh yeah, as DuJane pointed out, a little team called the Boston Red Sox won the World Series. Again.


Its so weird to say that. Again. Like its no big deal. It is a big deal, its just not as big of a deal as it was 3 years ago. Don't get me wrong, its always nice to win. But this year seemed so easy. We had no heartbreak. No Aaron Fucking Boone. No coming back with walkoff after walkoff from being down 3-0. No spraying champagne in Yankee Stadium. We just kept winning, right from the beginning. Sure, the season had some bad moments, some scary moments, but we always looked good.


Not that I need a reason to be happy, but since I can't use the "Its been 86 years!" reason, I came up with a few more:




  • I don't have to break my promise to J: that if the Rockies won, we'd name our first born son Yorvit. This allows us to have the young "Jason William Kevin Curt Bronson Orlando Manny Papi" as we promised each other in '04.





  • I had a friendly bet with my friend Kay in Colorado. So instead of stuffing a Pilgrim into a FedEx box like I would have had to do if the Rockies had won, I am anxiously awaiting all the splendors that Colorado has to offer (with the exception of Rocky Mountain Oysters).




  • Free Tacos for America!








  • You gotta love signs like this:







(Sign Reads: Garko was right. Champagne does taste just as good on the road)

  • And this:







  • And, lastly, we can't see this white boy dance enough:




(okay, maybe we can!)



Congratulations Sox!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What took you so long? :)