Saturday, September 15, 2007

The high and the low.

First, the low:
The only word to describe the Sox/Yankees game last night is painful. At a time when these games mean so much, the collapse of the Red Sox is not acceptable. Especially in a game where we had Petite's number, and a decent lead. One bad, awful, gross inning later, and we're done.

J made a good point about the Yankees yesterday. In general they play good baseball, but when their opponent has a weakness or makes a mistake, they exploit it, take advantage of it, and run them into the ground. Not a bad quality to have.

Let's just hope the rest of the weekend goes a little better for the Sox.

Now, the high:
A few weeks ago, I blogged about Team GDT and our fundraising efforts for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in Boston. Today is the last day donations can be counted for the team/individual challenge, and I couldn't be prouder to announce that Team GDT has raised over $80,000 this year alone. That's $30,000 over our goal, and more than the first three years of participation combined. Unbelievable.

This is a fabulous group of women, and every year, I am even more honored to stand at the race and be a part of their team. The race is next weekend, and its sure to be a great, bittersweet time.

By the way, Team GDT has also published a cookbook, with all proceeds going to Komen. You can see it at www.teamgdt.com, and you can also donate through the link as well. Every dollar helps!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would argue that Pettitte didn't have his stuff rather than you had his number. But it's a small point. I'm sure you're happier today.

Julie said...

I am happier today -- until 8:05, at least!

J thinks he is responsible for yesterday's win, bcause we saw Giambi, Posada and Jeter getting into a cab in Boston, and he hissed. Of course, they didn't hear him. Had they been close enough to hear us he probably would have just passed out instead.

Anonymous said...

Well that theory makes a lot more sense than one pitcher living up to possible Cy Young status and the other not.

I'll go with that one then.

Anonymous said...

Hm, that went through while I was in the midst of signing it, how bizarre. I can never remember whether you can edit Blogger comments or not. In case you can't, I'll just sign this one.

Julie said...

If I can edit comments, I don't know how. But I like it better this way: it makes it look like I have more than one reader!

Anonymous said...

In that case, I totally agree with that Be person.